Monday 12 November 2012

More from Marshmallow Blends

I recently did a post about my first order from the wonderful Nicoletta at Marshmallow Blends. I fell in love with these home made products, and, as a result, have placed a further two orders since. (Yep, they are that good!)

Here's an overview of some of the items....

The first one I want to show is a limited item available in just a small quantity via the facebook page, from time to time Nicoletta offers 'mystery boxes' or deals in very limited numbers (it's worth popping onto the page from time to time in case you get lucky enough to bag one):
 


This gorgeous little red box with ribbon was being offered at £5.99. It contains 3 miniture fragranced soaps wrapped in red tissue paper with a little description card.

The fragrances are: Merry Berry Xmas, Gingerbread and Santas Cookies. Sounds scrummy eh?


These mini soaps are going to make a fantastic present, although having opened the box to take the pics, it'll be hard to part with them!


I've tried a sample of the soaps which I received with one of the orders and wanted to add a picture to show you how creamy they are when lathered (see below).

It doesn't leave your skin feeling tight or dry like some soaps can and is great to use as an alternative to shaving foam! This little sample has lasted a good few uses, and now that I've tried it, I'm confident that whoever I gift the mini soaps to will love them.

 

Next up, bath bombs! I love using them and the selection available on the site sound so tasty! You can find them in the 'Tub Treats' section of the website here:  I opted for the Baileys Milk Bomber (£2.75 each) and the Love Bomb Suprise (£2.75 each).




I've already used the Baileys Milk Bomber which smelt quite subtle. True to its description, it leaves the bath water looking milky and your skin feeling soft with no powdery residue. The product disintegrated slowly and there were no chalky bits left at the base of the tub at the end. 
Here are a few pics of the product before use and whilst fizzing away in the water.....



I'm really looking forward to trying the Love Bomb Suprise - the description sounds just too good!

I also wanted to try the Honey, Vanilla & Cinnamon Truffles. Priced at £4.99 for four:  I've tried one already and what these lack in size they make up for in fragrance. The predominant scent is Cinnamon but it's perfect for a long hot soak on a cold wintery evening. Leaving the door closed means the room is filled with the warming scent.  

 
Next up, are some of the body butters. I've never really been a fan of body lotions or butters. But, having had a small sample of the cupcake butter in my previous order, I was hooked.
 
The scent on these items just linger for hours and make your skin feel sooo good! They soak in gradually and make your skin feel soft and supple. It turns from cream to an oily consistency quickly on impact with the heat of your skin and is easy to work in - a little definitely goes a long way!
 
I've opted for the Creme Brulee and the Cupcake fragrances and these are priced at £5.99 each.
 
Believe me, once you've opened the tub you just can't stop wanting to sniff them again they really do smell that good!
 



The Cupcake one is going in my little sister's christmas gift box along with a Creme Brulee body scrub (£4.99). 

She's also asked to try the Mocha Shower Fluff (£5.99) which has a sweet coffee-like fragrance - great for a morning wake up!

I also received a sample of this (Nicoletta adds a few samples to her orders and if there's something you really want to try, she'll do her best to include a small amount if she's got it available).  

If you love the look of these products and want to find out more, pop over to the facebook page and let Nicoletta know you've read my post.

Have you tried any of the products? What are your favourites?





2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, it's payday on Friday and I am most definitely making an order, all of the things you got look good enough to eat!

    Em

    x

    Em's Mixed Bag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! They smell good enough too! You've got to try the scrubs and butters - the scrubs melt away in the water and leave it milky soft and the scent on the butters linger for ages! x Let me know what / if you decide to get anything, I'm sure you'll love it! x

    ReplyDelete