Sunday 13 January 2013

Review: My Favourite Clinique Chubby Sticks

You may have read a few of my posts and noticed I'm a fan of glosses over lipsticks. One of my favourite ranges is the Clinique Chubby Stick which I've used for the past few years now.
 
You can view info on the standard range here, and the Intense range here. The RRP is £16. (But keep an eye out - they now retail on a number of sites/outlets and you can often get the mini version as part of a GWP)
 
Here's the blurb from the Clinique site:
 
'Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm is a lip treatment with sheer colour that relieves dry, cracked lips and provides immediate moisturisation. The unique pencil-style applicator provides easy to apply sheer soft lip colour and rolls up for ease of use.'
 
I thought I'd share a quick post on the four I have in my collection: Mighty Mimosa, Super Strawberry, Chunky Cherry and Mega Melon.
 
These are some of the lighter shades available - mainly as I tend to wear heavy eye makeup and therefore look for a subtler lip shade.
 
I love the fact that they are designed to mimic a crayon!
 
They are easy to twist up and down and the shaping on the product is great for precision application - no need to get your fingers stuck into a pot and end up with wasted product stuck under your nails!

They also leave no nasty staining on your lips when you decide to remove it.
 
Here are a few pics of the product on my lips to give you an idea of the shade variation:
 
Mighty Mimosa
 


Super Strawberry
 
 
 
Chunky Cherry


 
 
and Mega Melon

 

I love the fact I can pop one into my bag and apply it quickly and easily, confident that the colour won't bleed outside my natural lip line and that it'll keep my lips moisturised too. I can't wait to try another of them, and with the additional shades available, I'm spoilt for choice!
 
Update
 
I've now become the proud owner of another shade - 'curvy candy':
 
 
A lovely girly shade of pink - perfect for a summer pout!
 
What do you think ladies?
 
Are you a fan of the chubby sticks too?
 
 

12 comments:

  1. I love Mega Melon. All these colours look great on you. I'm also a huge fan of the Revlon just bitten kissable balm stains and my favourite shade is honey. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've debated trying these too as they would be a bit more purse-friendly. Thanks for the tip - and the compliment
      ;-)

      Delete
  2. I love the mega melon on you, that may have to be my next chubby stick x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela, I got this as part of a swap and love it!

      Delete
  3. Ooh such great lip swatches! Been tempted by these for so long :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love them! So easy to use and last ages!

      Delete
  4. oh gosh...i'd been avoiding looking at these and they're gorgeous. Mighty mimosa is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fact they can be subtle or bold and come in so many yummy shades!

      Delete
  5. ooooh mimosa and melon are lovely!! ive tried other makes of the chubby sticks and not been too impressed....

    i shouldnt have peeked....spending ban..!!
    loving the blog hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops! lol. Thanks hon. Good luck with the spending ban. Mine's going really well atm. x

      Delete
  6. Have you tried the Revlon just bitten stains? They're very similar but much cheaper xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought about it, and WIMH are doing a good deal atm for 2 of them and a varnish for £10. But, I love these and they last forever! Can't see me opting for another version any time soon. x

      Delete