Wednesday 23 January 2013

Review: Eve Lom Rescue Mask

You may have read some of my other posts and noticed I've got a self-confessed love of face/body scrubs and masks. 
 
 
Having had a recent clear out of my beauty stash I realised I had four of the sample sized Eve Lom Rescue Masks! I'd forgotten about ordering two via Latest in Beauty (A site where you can choose a small sample selection each month, or a larger limited edition collection of products with no ongoing commitment) and had also bought two from the lovely Louise (one of the girls over on facebook group 'Beauty Box Swappers').
 
With the weather being a bit lousy and feeling like I needed some tlc, I decided now would be a great time to start using them.
 
First up, the info off the website (linked above):
 

'......Featuring Camphor, Almond and Honey-infused Kaolin Clay, it is the perfect weekly deep clean to keep your complexion in radiant condition. Rescue Mask is also on hand when skin becomes stressed and in need of extra help. Whether it’s blotchy, irritable break-outs, jet-lag, or morning-after puffiness, this hard-working and versatile mask will get your skin back on track.'

Benefits:
'Deep cleanses without drying, gently decongests pores and absorbs excess oil
Smoothes and conditions skin surface, leaving it supple and soft
Helps calms redness and irritation
Instantly soothes puffy tired eyes and skin'
 


 The full sized, 50ml tube retails for a fairly pricey £35 so these smaller sizes are the perfect opportunity to try it out before splashing out on more. Having said this, it's marketed as a 'weekly complexion booster' and should therefore last ages, making the hit on the pocket a lot more palatable.


The info on the tube recommends shaking well before use. Make sure you do this or you'll notice a splurt of liquid before the product dispenses... waste not want not!
 
It's a soft clay mask - ideal for my oily skin. It also features  crushed almonds which give an added exfoliating property.
 
One of the first things I noticed was the smell of Camphor (also an ingredient in Vics Vapour Rub) which has that soothing quality.
 
You can leave this mask on for up to 20mins - perfect for the long soaks I love! When applied to the skin, it results in a pleasantly cooling, refreshing sensation. While it dried I could feel a tightening and lifting in my face.
 
The mask can be removed by gently rubbing upwards (maximising the exfoliating aspect) and then wiping clear with a damp muslin cloth. I didn't notice any dryness afterwards and my pores were visibly clearer - not a bad result for just one use!
 
This being the first time I've used any of the Eve Lom products I'm really impressed!
 
Update 12/02:

I've now  been using the mask for a few weeks and have to say it's amazing! My menstrual stage has been and gone and usually I have a horrid outbreak on my chin which takes over a week to calm. This time around I've had just a few small spots which dried and dissapeared within days and the oiliness of my skin has noticeably improved. My pores appear far less congested and noticeable too. Pretty impressive huh?

I've also swapped for another tube with a lovely lady (Alison) from the facebook group beauty box swappers and am keeping an avid eye on ebay ready to snap up a bargain buy!

Have any of you tried this product or others within the range? How did you find it?
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. The site to get samples off sounds great! I love being able to try products before actually buying them. I'm addicting to getting samples from department stores ha.

    This makes sounds great, I've never heard of the brand but I'm going to go check them out now :)

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LIB is good if you wanna try some smaller samples at a low cost and really easy to use. Keep an eye on Magic Freebies too though hon as they often show links for companies offering free samples. x

      Delete
  2. Sounds just lovely, so I must keep my open for more offers on samples of this so I can try it. I haven't used a good clay mask for ages, I have been using peel off ones. Think I need a clay mask pamper night now :)
    Angela xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stuff! Love Latest in Beauty too!
    Might do a spot of multitasking this morning....slap on my rescue mask while I iron! A thorough steam clean for me! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why the hell not eh? Two birds, one stone.....

      Delete
  4. Heard so much about this! Yay for all the samples :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love it! Worth trying out, especially if you have the small sizes already and just haven't gotten around to it. x

      Delete
  5. its awwwesome as an overnight spot treatment too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read about that, and also using it watered down as an eye treatment too. Not yet tried it though. x

      Delete