Wednesday 24 July 2013

Review: Collection 2000 Big Fake Ultimate Mascara

A few days ago I popped a post up on the products I bought for my £10 challenge (you can read about this here). Having used a few of these already I thought it only fair I reviewed at least one of them on my blog, and so, I've selected the Collection 2000 Big Fake Ultimate false lash mascara. Priced around £5.99 and available in the majority of high street stores I managed to bag this on offer in Wilkinson at just £2.98!

So, what do the retailer websites say?

Boots:
'...improved with a bigger, better & bolder formula than ever before to create the ULTIMATE mascara!! ... Plumps and stretches each individual lash without clumping or smudging, for a bigger, better lash-look...'

Superdrug:
'It's back, it's big and it's better than ever! .... for a phenomenal flutter worthy of an A-list star.'

Amazon:
'Fabulously full lashes provide instant, gorgeous glamour to almost any makeup look.'

Pretty impressive sounding eh?

I've now tried the product for three days running. Here are my thoughts....

You can see from the picture that without a good coating, my lashes appear pretty non-existant, largely due to being naturally fair-haired. On opening the tube I thought 'blimey, that wand is HUGE' however it loaded well without picking up much excess. (Something I hate when trying to get to the inner lashes as it normally ends up splodged in the corners!)

This is with two coats applied and a smudge of black eyeliner on the bottom lid. I was really impressed with the lift and seperation achieved with the mascara. It doesn't look clumpy or overloaded and even for a large brush, it's reached the corners easily.
I love the lengthening effect it has without feeling weighty. This is with three coats - I prefer a heavier look so this is ideal for me and although I usually only need two coats of my current everyday mascara (Le Volume De Chanel), at a quarter of the price I'm more than happy slicking on an extra coat! 

I've found this product does last a full day and is easy to remove without having to scrub for ages, and would definitely recommend it to friends as a fantastic, budget friendly product. At the price I paid for it, I'll be stocking up!



 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I wasn't expecting it to be as good for the price tbh. Goes to show you can still get a good effect without blowing the budget. x

      Delete
  2. I love this mascara... it reminds me of the YSL faux clis mascara, but like £20 cheaper :D your lashes look fab xx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you hon. I'm so happy I tried a low budget product and got a result I love. Gonna save me £££££s as a result :-)

      Delete