Saturday 3 August 2013

Friday Facial - Something For The Weekend

After a long hard day and with the weekend to look forward to, I love nothing more than a soak and a bit of extra pampering to finish off my working week. So, what products have I used? ....
First up, the essential glass of wine - after all it's no longer a school night right? Here's a (very) generous glass of one of my favourites Tesco Finest Cotes De Gascogne normally £7.99 per bottle, currently on offer at £5.99 plus 25% off any 6 bottles or more so £4.49 making it even more delicious!

Another essential - my towelling headband. This one's from a champneys set I got last christmas and it's brilliant. Soft, elasticated, wide plus it's easy to wash. This way I don't end up stray hairs wandering onto my skin and getting clogged with product.
A clean flannel left to soak in hot (but not scalding) water until required.
 
Ok, so that's the prep out of the way. On to the products ... 
 
Step one - Cleanse (Nude Cleansing Wash): I've been using this for the past two weeks and love the creamy lather it creates. Although not designed as a make up remover, I find it does the job perfectly. It doesn't feel harsh or leave my skin feeling dry and has a fresh, almost floral scent. The smallest amount of product is enough to cleanse my whole face and I've experienced no breakouts.
 
Step two - Exfoliate (Dr Nick Lowe Scrub): This tube has lasted me well over a month and there's still enough left to hopefully see me to mid month. The consistency is perfect - grainy yet not too harsh, easy to work around the skin and the cooling effect makes my skin feel totally clean. It's definitely one to try if looking for a good scrub.
 
At this point I use the hot flannel to open my pores for a few minutes before moving on to the next stage...
 
Step three - De-clogging (Origins Mask): Using just a thin layer, this really gets into my pores and draws out the impurities. It dries quickly and is easy to remove leaving my skin looking fresh and glowing.
 
Finally, just a quick splash of cool water to close my pores and I'm done.
 
Have any of you tried these products? I've found them to be a great combination  for my oily skin and will be purchasing all three again in the future.
 
x
 
Gem
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Great pampet hun. All three of those products sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a super pampering way to wash away the stress from the week. The hot flannel is a good idea prior to a mask. I might try this routine this weekend. Thank you for sharing this!

    xoxo
    Sockwun
    Extraextravagant.com

    ReplyDelete